Monday 19 December 2011

Free Credit Card Upgrade

Last week I was rather surprised to find a new credit card in the mail (not one of the application forms but the card already there ready to go). I was originally a little put out having ignored every single application they sent me for an increase in credit limit ($12k already is way too high but i figure I'll buy a car on it someday) but there is something about having the new card in your hand which is very tempting.

My bank informed me that for now extra fees, no change in my credit limit and no extra requirements they were upgrading my card from a standard Awards card to platinum card. This seemed to be too good to be true so I read through absolutely every single piece of documentation and called them 2 or 3 times but in fact it turned out to be accurate.

I'm not 100% why they did it but for the first time in my life I think I got a free lunch from a financial services provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment