This is the second month where I have included these future liabilities and is a clean month (i.e. you can compare back to last month easily). My future liabilities balance currently sits at $65,000 so add this to my net worth if you want to know what I would have been at if I had not restated it.
February 2015 Net Worth: $537,000 (+5.5%)
I can't believe the month I just had. In absolute terms this was the best monthly performance that I have had (outside of months where I am paid my bonus) since I started tracking my net worth. The best bit is that it was a 'clean' result - there were no restatements or inclusions of big swing factors.
Below I have outlined some of the positive and negative factors which affected my performance.
- My share portfolio performed incredibly strongly
- Australian shares have had an incredibly rally since the end of the last calendar year and my portfolio benefited significantly from these moves
- A couple of stock specific bets really paid off this month and I took the advantage to sell some of my FKP (now AOG) stock which I have written so much about. I have sold approximately 1/3 of my portfolio locking in a ~90% gain (although did crystalise a capital gain which increased my liabilities a bit)
- Additionally the Australian dollar continued to depreciate against the USD which helped my international shares which make up just under 50% of my portfolio
- My employee share plan vested
- I get a significant bump in