Why did I burn out?
I took on too much...An entrepreneur friend of mine inspired me greatly with the amount of things that we can do if we only realised how much time we had in each day. It was a great idea and it worked wonders for me - over the last year I've done more than I could ever have imagined possible...but I'm now tired!
A quick list of things I have been doing:
- Working a reasonably intensive job (not as bad as investment banking but still 10 - 11 hour days)
- Writing 2 blogs in my spare time
- Planning a wedding
- Travelling - I think I went overseas 4 times last year
- Attempting to have a 'full' social life (I have all my weekends for the next 2 months booked out...and it has been like this for a long time)
- Trying to get into shape (gym 4 times a week)
- A bunch of different hobbies with weekly commitments
- Maintaining relationships with my fiancee and family
There are probably people out there who could do all of this on a consistent basis and never blink...but trying to do this has really taken it's toll on me and as I've gotten more tired I've dropped the ball in several departments including this blog.