Monday 14 April 2014

Coming soon: Application and Interview Guides for Investment Banking

One of the best things about writing a blog is that I get to share some of the information that I have gathered over the years which may be of use to other people.  One of the very few problems that I've come across as my blog has gotten on is how to organise and order the information on this blog - as of April 2014 this blog had more than 450 posts.

One of the most popular areas of this blog, as evidenced by the page views as well as the number of emails I receive on the topic, is the section on Investment Banking.  My stint (for 3 years) as an analyst in an investment bank was incredibly revealing and I have a lot to share on the topic.  

As such I have decided to, and am currently in the process of writing a series of e-books on the various investment banking topics that seem to interest people.  The first few e-books will cover the application process for investment banking - that is how do you actually write a decent application for an investment bank.  I have written blog posts on this in the past - see my Investment Banking posts for all the information I currently have up there - but there was just too much information to get across in one or two posts.

There were be separate e-books for writing applications for an internship, for a graduate position if you're interested in doing a lateral transfer into investment banking as the emphasis and requirements and focus of people assessing the applications is quite different.

I am currently in the process of writing the e-books and I hope to have the first one up on the website in the coming weeks.  If you have any topics in these first books that you want covered please let me know either by commenting below or sending me an email.

You May Be Interested In


2 comments:

  1. Hey 90M,

    Congrats on the development of the app and investment banking guides.. Let me know what I can do to help you promote.. I am looking to interview people regarding their entrepreneurship pursuits and careers.. Would love to have you on board..

    You should know my email but it has changed to careercrusader89@gmail.com, hit me up here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jef - happy to help. Will send you an email. Also checked out your new website. It's a really interesting idea!

      Delete