Thursday 25 April 2013

Anzac Day Appeal - A worthy cause

Just a quick post from me on ANZAC day to encourage all my readers to donate to the ANZAC Appeal which runs every year.

For all my international readers, ANZAC day originally was to honour the soldiers from Australia and New Zealand who fought and died in Gallipoli during World War 1.  Today it more broadly commemorates all those who have fought and died in military operations for their countries.

The ANZAC Appeal is run by the Returned Serviceman's League (RSL) and it provides support to past and present defence force members in a range of financial and non financial support services.  You can read more about what they do here.

Obviously I wouldn't expect my non-Australian readers to contribute to the Australian RSL and ANZAC appeal however I am going to take this opportunity to encourage you to support organisations in your country that do the same work.  I confess that I am a person that is never likely to serve my country in that way and I have no idea what the soldiers go through and the sacrifices they make.  This is a small thing that we can do and I really encourage you to help in whatever way you can.

Being a financial blog - I thought I would also remind you about a few things that I have written in the past on donating to charity:
You May Also Be Interested In:

No comments:

Post a Comment